Friday, July 22, 2005

"Come as You Are, Worship in Your Car"

Eric and I have been in search of a new church home since our move. This area is really based alot on denomination and it is fairly hard to find a good bible-based Christian church like FCC where you can just come in your t-shirt and jeans.

Today, I heard on the radio that there are drive-in churches around here. I thought that was so strange! I had to do some research.

Sure enough, there are churches where you drive into the parking lot and listen to the service in your car. I even heard that everytime they want an "Amen!" you honk your horn. Their slogans are "Don't drive by, Drive in" and "Come as your are, Worship in your car."

They do have worship services where people are outside on stage singing and playing their guitars. I don't know if the service is broadcast on the radio or if you just have to roll down your windows. I am kinda wondering how they do communion.

Needless to say, Eric and I will not be attending a drive-in church...no matter how comfortable we want to be. Sure it might be different, but it is just simply wierd.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Abitia said...

No Marii, I think you should go to the drive in church, because by the looks of the cars in the pics, you and the E man would be the coolest in the Murano. You could show all those losers who's boss by cruising up fashionably late with Fiddy Cent blasting out. I think you should do it. Don't forget to wear your shades too.

8:00 PM

 
Blogger vivian said...

Oh my goooddneesss!!! That is so weird.. but interesting.. it reminds me of movies I used to watch or books like Tom Sawyer.. ahahaah ;) it's so cool! in an interesting way.. ;)

3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home