Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's about time!

Wow, it has been a LONG time since I posted. My last post, "Waiting on Vivian" doesn't count. It has been almost a year since my last real post! Well, alot has happened in the last 10 months! We had a baby girl...YAY!
She is wonderful and brings much joy to my life. A joy I have never felt before. I just thank God for this amazing blessing in my life. When she giggles and smiles...it melts my heart!

And as a result of this joy, I haven't been able to spend much time on my blog. I liked using Vivian as an excuse, but really I have been buried in stuff going on in my life. Originally, I used to post at work because I didn't have much to do, but now I hardly have time to check my email! Then when I get home, I am constantly doing something in the house or with the baby--by the time I sit down to get on my computer, there is no time for blogging. Well hopefully Vivian has lit a fire under me and I will feel that passion to write and keep you updated again.

Let's see....since my last few posts, I have been to Ribfest again. I opted out of getting the Elephant Ear this time because the thing is just dripping with grease and sugar. I don't think I want to add anymore weight to this already pudgy body! I opted instead for a pulled pork sandwich, which was fabulous! I wouldn't call it a sandwich though, it was a paper boat that was overflowing with pulled pork and I think there was a bun somewhere on the bottom down there...ha ha.

Holloween is coming up again...and I am going to try and top my pumpkin from last year. I am thinking about getting a giant pumpkin and scooping it all out and sticking LT in there with a green stem hat...ha ha. For some reason I think that it would make a cute picture to have her head popping out of this gi-normous pumpkin!

I can't believe we have been in Michigan a year already! It just seems like yesterday I was doing all these things in my previous blogs! Time flies so fast now!

I am looking forward to my friend Vivian and her husband Keith coming out to visit us. They will be here at the end of September and I just can't wait!!!! Finally, LT gets to meet her favorite auntie!!!

LT update: My mom just came out to visit her this past weekend and she had a blast playing with her grandbaby! LT thought she was the bee's knees and giggled and laughed and smiled the entire time. We went to have her ears pierced (the day before her 7 month birthday) and she looks so adorable. I was glad my mom was there to hold her steady because LT is such a strong baby!! Eric didn't want to be there to witness the trauma. However, it was not as bad as I imagined it to be. She was more upset that she was being restrained than getting her ears shot with a piercing gun. After it was all over, she stopped crying the moment she was free to move around. Her big old alligator tears were just a show! She was all smiles as soon as I held her. She had quite an audience of people watching too....they wanted to see her reaction and were surprised when she didn't really act bothered by it all. She is a very tough girl!

That's about all I can write now because I am going to die if I don't get any sleep! I told myself I was going to be in bed by 9pm and its already almost 12am!!!

So life, as I know it, has it's ups and downs...good days and bad. All in all, I am thankful to be alive and have such a wonderful family and a wonderful set of friends...LOVE YOU GUYS!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marii-

We are happy you decided to leave the west coast and freeze your *** of with us here in Michigan. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and Eric, and recently LT.

-RE

11:42 AM

 
Blogger vivian said...

Wah!!! Dude, you know that I'm just as busy - maybe a lil less - but man! Blogging just takes time and sometimes my days are just the same ol same.. Maybe i'll try to post like once every or every other week.. we'll see ;) but if i do it - you gotta do it too!! ;)

I love that you guys keep calling her LT.. haha ;) it's pretty cute! I bet she looks adorable with the pierced ears!! what a brave lil girl!!! I bet she got her pain tolerance from her mom ;)

Man!! That elephant ear looked DELICIOUS from last year! I wish I could've tried it! hahah :) No picture of the pulled pork eh?

Anyways! sounds like you had tons of fun with your mom! =) we miss you lots and lots and can't wait to come visit!! YAYYY!!! =)

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home