Wednesday, December 31, 2008

65 cents/gallon....taking it back old school style!

I shop at this grocery store called Randalls. They are one of those grocery stores that have their own gas station too. I never use their gas because a cheaper station is across the street. Well, throughout the year they have had a promotion where they gave you 10 cents off per gallon of gas when you purchased a certain amount. I just give them my rewards card so that I can get the discounts on the items in the grocery store and never use the gas discount.

Last week the cashier reminded me that I need to use the gas discount by Wednesday Dec. 31st or I would lose my reward. So I thought "okay, I will finally use them." She told me I was up to 80 cents off per gallon! I was shocked!!!

So I took my car over the gas station...had to have the gas station clerk help me because I didn't even know how to scan my rewards card at the pump! I know...I am soooo lame! The station was packed. I wasn't sure if it was because it was New Year's Eve or if everyone else was trying to maximize their rewards points too!?

I filled up my car for 65 cents per gallon! I spent a little over 7 bucks on gas...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! I wanted to fill up everyone's tank on my great deal, but the place was so packed that I was overwhelmed. Wouldn't you have wanted someone to come up to you and say, "hey wanna fill you car up for 65 cents a gallon??" LOL. It would have been so awesome! I wanted to share the wealth with everyone, but the gas station was crazy and people were waiting in line and I just didn't see an opportunity to share :(

Anyway, I wanted to show you guys because it was awesome. Sadly, I went to the grocery store right after going to the pump. The grocery shopping trip added 10 cents to my rewards card. This made me mad because had I known that I could have saved 90 cents a gallon, instead of 80 cents, then I would have hit the pumps after my shopping! Darn! Oh well...still a great deal!

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Abitia said...

One word about that receipt: PHOTOSHOP.

One word about this post: HOAX.

I am going to list this blog entry on snopes.com.

You're busted!

2:16 AM

 
Blogger Vivian said...

hahahaha - chyeah! That happened to my mom too with a Safeway gas station up in Seattle! We went to fill up and found that it was like $0.79 per gallon... we were like WHAT?!?! Those rewards are AWESOME! =) Too bad they don't last for like a year or something.. haha ;)

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Kimberley said...

This IS totally old school!!!! LOL. I feel o-l-d :)

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home