Monday, November 06, 2006

Breaks my heart :(

Well, Lauren has been sick for a week and half due to a cold she caught from her daycare. It was a great idea to put her into a daycare, but since she has never been exposed to any kind of sickness it was difficult for her to adjust.

Because she is so congested it causes her to cough after she has eaten food and that makes her throw up. She has been vomiting so much lately and had lost alot of fluid. On top of that she began to have pretty bad diarrhea too.

Anyway, I was so worried about her that I took her to the E.R. tonight. They said she was pretty dehydrated and they detected an ear infection too. So they put her on an IV with fluids and an antibiotic. Poor thing was so out of it.

The took a stool sample too because I thought she might have rotavirus. They won't be able to confirm those lab results for a few days...I hope she is better by then!

3 Comments:

Blogger vivian said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! The poor baby girl!!!! =( I hope she's doing better now!!! She looks like such an angel in that picture - Awwwwwww!!! How's she taking her sickiness? She seems like she'd be just a sweetheart. =( poor lil LT. =( Awwwwww!!! I hope you guys get better soon!!!! =(

11:08 AM

 
Blogger marii said...

She is doing much better today. She definitely had a pretty bad ear infection and the doctor gave her more antibiotics today. Yea, poor eric was sick today too. He was puking all over...poor guy!

10:12 PM

 
Blogger vivian said...

ack!! oh noooo!!! that sucks!!! =( Yah - it's like when one person in the family gets sick - everyone does. =( Awwwww - I just hope all of you get better ASAP!!! =( Poor Eric!!! I hope you're doing better too!!

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home