Monday, January 15, 2007

Cupcakes...YUM!!!

Okay, this is actually my second attempt at cupcakes (I counted the first five as my 1st attempt!). These came out pretty good. I used a White Cake recipe and a Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. After trying all those fancy recipes, I turned to Betty Crocker and her cookbook....it was exactly what i was looking for!

The cake was light and airy...perfect consistency when you bit into it. It required buttermilk or soured milk. I thought that was unusual, but it tasted FABulous. The cream cheese frosting was AMAZING! It was smooth and creamy...sweet, yet mildly sour (from the cream cheese). It was melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious!

I am going to work with this recipe to get it even better. I will add a few "secret" ingredients and see if I can make it taste even more amazing. If all goes well, I will post the recipe!

I am really getting into this cupcake thing. I am now a regular at Michaels and have spent way more than Eric would like...but the end result will be spectacular. I will be the cupcake queen of Portage, MI...LOL!

1 Comments:

Blogger vivian said...

hehe :) Well these look like they came out really nice!! Great job!! :) Super cute!! They look super delicious! Slurp!! :) I feel like i can even smell them... *Drooool*

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home