Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's a party...you're invited!

I am cupcake crazy! I decided to send out LT's birthday invitations with a special gourmet cupcake fit for the occasion. After a terrible kitchen disaster with my original mix, I fell back on a classic recipe I have been wanting to try for a while. Let me give you a little bit of history on this cupcake....there are tons of hyperlinks that follow because there are so many props to be given.

A while back, my bro-in-law Chris sent Lauren a gift bag that was from a Baby Buggy event that he helped plan (he does high class events for very famous and important people!!) In this grab bag of goodies was the best tasting peanut butter I have ever eaten, from Peanut Butter and Co. !! I can't get enough of it!! Anyway, along with the peanut butter came a recipe book from the restaurant. Every time I read through the pages of the cookbook, I craved a PB&J sandwich! (and always made one when i read the recipes within).

The recipe I wanted to try was for Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcakes. I would post the recipe, but it is copywritten and I can't publish it online (however, you can email me and I will tell you how i prepared it). They had strawberry fruit jam in the center of them and the frosting was made from peanut butter, butter and sugar. It was awesome, however I think I am going to use more jelly next time. I was scared
to use to much and end up with a soggy cupcake.

They were by far the best ones I have made and I received so many compliments on them. One person even said this was the best cupcake I have ever made!! So please enjoy this recipe and check out my fabulous birthday invitations. I guess I have to throw a superior party because the invite and the cupcake set a very
high standard! ha ha!

Go ahead and click on the picture if you want to see close ups of the invite


Presentation means everything!



Inside the box lies the scrumptious treat!



Yes, this is my first child
and she deserves every bit of this!!


6 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

WOWOWOWOWOWW!!!! These look SOOOO freaking pro!!! You did an AWESOMMEEE job!!! Seriously - you should get paid for this!!! :) AHHH!! SOOOO AWESOME!!! I wish we were there just so we could get one!! Those cupcakes look sooo delicious too!! I wish i was there so i could've tried all your cupcakes!! hahahah :)

12:16 AM

 
Blogger marii said...

yea, I think everyone i gave them to commented on how they were the best cupcake evar! This was a fantastic recipe!

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Vivian said...

Dude!!! You need to post your recipes!!! dagnabit!

12:56 PM

 
Blogger Kimberley said...

CUPCAKES! I want cupcakes!!! You make me hungry! I like the invites too. Soooo cute!

11:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marii- I think this is the first time I ever posted anything on your blog. There's so much to read here. I don't even know if I'll be posting this the right way. Well, just wanted to comment on your VERY PRETTY cupcakes!! Presentation is everything and Lauren is worth every minute!! :) I loved your invites too! Did you make those? They so cute! Gotta run for now, but enjoyed looking at the party pics too - looks like you guys had so much fun! ! ! Miss you guys! -Trish

3:02 PM

 
Blogger Vivian said...

hey hey! :) Where's the next survivor post... i have a feeling it's not gonna be as good this season. =P

11:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home