Friday, February 06, 2009

It's finally on....

I have been extremely busy at work and haven't had a chance to blog about the roadmap for the big party! Phase one...complete. The invitations have been made and passed out...so we are officially having a party folks!

I was going to have some invites made online and mailed to me, but I couldn't find anything I really like cuz they were all lame...and they were too expensive. So I decided, yet again, to do it myself! I am so crafty--or think I am--or pretend!

Staying with the mod monkey theme weI picked out for the party (thanks to your votes....where have the rest of you been...I think I am only getting votes from kimmie and viv. I might have to plug my blog on IM again!!! Wake up people!!)...anyways, staying with the mod monkey theme I blew up a giant 5x7 version of the monkey face. Went to Hobby Lobby (I know you're jealous Kimmie!) and bought some thick cardstock scrapbooking paper, got some envelopes, grabbed some glue and GOOGLY eyes and I was out the door! Total Cost about 25 bucks.

I knew this was going to be a long project because I couldn't just sit down and knock out 25 invitations on the fly. I had a month and I decided it was safe to do it in small increments...I gotta work people! And boy have I been busy with work....so good thing I got a head start on all this.

I started out with some monkey heads, then monkey faces, monkey lips, monkey ears, and then I printed out the actual invite. It took me FOREVER to come up with a catch rhyme for the invite. Printed out the invites on some white cardstock I already had (score! freebie) and cut them into the shape of monkey heads.





I wasn't sure what I was going to do for the eyes and nose because cutting out the mod monkey eyes and nose was going to be difficult. So I opted for googly eyes and hole-punched some black cardstock for the nose. And viola (or as I used to say whala)...my invites. I think they turned out pretty cute!

For the envelopes, I used the last blog picture of the BFF Monkey and Banana picture! It's so cute and couldn't resist!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

DUDE!! FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!
That is SOOOOOOo TOTALLY AWESOMMMMEE!!!! They look soo great!!! You did such a wonderful job! You really are crafty and creative! I love it!! I also love that you used the BFF Monkey & Banana.. haha =) I would totally get that on a shirt! I can't wait to see pics of the party!! Seriously... awesome!!! =)

11:52 PM

 
Blogger Aaron Abitia said...

Sorry I missed the Poll...you must've taken it off. To be honest, I'm at a total loss when it comes to planning parties and such. I completely stink at it.

10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home