Saturday, January 17, 2009

Monkey goes bananas!

Okay...I am totally bananas now. I have been researching monkey everything for this party. I think this is why I hate planning a birthday party for the kids because it's so exhausting. The funny thing is that I don't think I even do it for the kids...I think I do it for myself. Why are parents like that? The kids won't care if the theme is perfect...the kids attending the party won't even notice all this extra effort I am putting into my monkey theme. The only people that might notice are the other parents...so am I trying to put on a grandiose show for them? I just I must be.

Well, here is what I have been thinking about. Your opinion counts here, committee! Please vote in the poll to the right.

First off, the cake: Baking cake/cupakes for the party (banana flavored and chocolate frosting to look like a monkey) vs. buying a cake. I was going to go with the great cake place here in austin called Lucy's Cakes. They are apparently "THE" cakeshop to go to...but I am second guessing whether I want to spend $50 on a cake.

(My thrifty side is starting to emerge once again. I looked over everything I want to do and I just can't see myself spening over $600 on a kids birthday party. So I have decided to trim back and figure out ways to be crafty. The place I rented out is already costing $325 so I want to cut back as much as I can...I still have to get goody bags too! arg!)

After days of looking at great birthday invitations online. I opted to not spend $65 on having custom invitations printed. I am going to attempt to make my own! There is something to be said about homemade invitations...if you do them right, they are the talk of the town!! I wonder if you all remember Lauren's 1st bday invites? Man were those cool!!!!

I really didn't want to put that much time into this party this year because I don't have a whole lot of time to spare. But it has to be done.

I am planning out the monkey invitations right now. Once I get a mock-up, I will post them and see what you think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberley said...

cupcakes for sure!!!!

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Vivian said...

Oooh hurrraayyy!!! I can't wait to see the homemade invitations.. dude... im sure they're gonna be AWESOME!! And hopefully cheaper! ;)

Yeahhhhh... I'm thinking if you just do the box-mix cupcakes & canned frosting... it'll be tons cheaper... but if you make the stuff from scratch... it might get to be around $50 anyways (depending on what the ingredients are, how much of it you have on hand and the time/stress you need to put that all together...)

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home